Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fashion + Trash = Trashion

Confession: I like to make things out of trash. Especially clothes. It makes my heart flutter. How did I come to find this hidden talent? you ask. Well, here's the thrilling story....


Once upon a time, there was a lovely lady that started an art gallery. I happened to know said lady. She invited me to be apart of the opening show! What! Me? Heck yes! I said. I skipped all the way home with birds singing behind me with visions of art show stardom in my head. Suddenly, I realized that I was a fashion designer and no one would really care to come and see a t-shirt in an art show. I could draw, but my drawing were definitely not gallery worthy. I smacked my head against the wall several times and cursed myself for jumping into too deep waters. What in the world was I going to do? I continued to smack my head against the wall till magically the picture of Marilyn Monroe in the potato sack fell into my hands. I said to myself, I could do better than that. And Viola! I had my art show idea! I entered my first art show and have not looked back. A few pictures in the paper, several more art gallery appearances and two fashion shows later I can safely say I still have no clue what I'm doing. But I'm lovin' it! And that's how I became a trashion designer and am living happily ever after. 


paper plates


potato sacks


grocery bags




6 comments:

laura said...

these are so clever Krista! I especially love the look of the paper plate skirt. Oh, and the plastic bag belt too. awesome :)

Carrie Lynn said...

KRISTA! I found your blog and I am again blown away by your coolness. Be my best friend.

Krista said...

Thanks Ladies! And Carrie... I would L-O-V-E to be your best friend!

Trisha said...

You are a genius!

Sara Shoemaker said...

can we be friends?!?!?!? this is amazing! you should go on Project Runway I'm serious! and you already have fashion shows!? wow. I'd be so honored if you checked out my blog!
p.s. i'm your newest follower! :)


House of Shoes

ADOREVINTAGE said...

Fantastic! Love the paper plates dress.

Post a Comment