Wednesday, June 29, 2011

first goal complete

IMG_6372

I accomplished my first goal from my 30 by 30 list! Hallelujah! Only 29 more. I'm so close.
Dream camera purchased.
I've been talking about getting a spiffy camera for years. Years. And I even have a cute I-adore-my-husband story to go with it.  
A few months ago I finally decided on the exact camera I wanted. I hadn't saved enough by that time so I patiently continued to put pennies in my piggy bank. Then one magical day, Mason and I were driving in the car as I calculated the dollars. And what do you know... I HAD ENOUGH!
I had a minor freak-out moment as I screamed my news at Mason. He whipped the car around and automatically headed to the camera store. Awesome. I skipped into the store. Ran up to the sales person, pointed to the camera in the display case and said "I want that camera!" 
The sales person slapped me and said "NO!" 
OK, that's not what actually happened. But they didn't have the camera. Nor did they have it at any other store. And it wasn't coming anytime soon. Since I wanted a Cannon I was out of luck. The camera making plant is located in Japan. See where this is going? The company has been struggling to get out  cameras since the terrible disaster. They told me to call every week to see if there were any in the shipments.
So that's what I did. I called and called and called. I even put the store number in my phone, I called so much.
One day I decided I was just going to go a different route and order it online even though it said it would be about a month before it would ship. I mentioned it to Mason and he got a funny look like I was making a terrible mistake to go thru with it. 
Long story short: Mason had already ordered it. At that moment I was only 24 hours away from holding my camera in my hands. 
So I now have my great camera. And I have an awesome husband. 

P.S. There was an insane storm in Boise a week ago. Here's a couple pics I caught with my dandy new toy. I even got lightening! 
IMG_6838
IMG_6860

5 comments:

LaynahRose said...

aww thats cute. so how did he stop you?? did he just talk you into waiting a little longer?

Leighton said...

There you are trying to take a beautiful picture of the stormy skies and the dang lightning has to leap down and photo-bomb your shot. It's such an attention hog.

Dane and Kelsey Pence said...

Krista that is so exciting!! congrats! ps i would love some advice on a good camera so i can save my moneys!! :)

Ruth said...

Congratulations on your new camera! I know you will put it to good use. Your pictures are beautiful.

JB / Sunshine With Everything said...

Oh I love this story! It is so cute. Congrats on getting your camera! x

Post a Comment