Thursday, October 13, 2011

upcycled thursdays: jacket makeover

101311.1
101311.2
I swear it's the same jacket! 
Let me tell you how I did it...
101311.3
First I dyed my jacket with iDye Poly. {It's the first time I've used this type of dye. Not sure if I love it yet. I bought a couple more packages. I'll give you a verdict later.}
After I dyed it, I sewed ribbon on the front and the back. 
Thats it! Aside from the dying process (which I did during an episode of Project Runway),  it only took me 30 minutes to complete. 
Easy breezy. I'm seriously digging the retro feel of it.   
101311.4
101311.5
101311.6

12 comments:

Kate said...

Very cool! I'm diggin the retro vibe, too!
-Kate

katherine said...

LOVE it! you are seriously so adorable.

Van @ The Clothes We Wear said...

It feels retro, but totally fresh. Thank you for showing us how easy it is to turn something old into new.

Loren said...

Cute jacket! I've used the poly dye a couple times, I've discovered it can do some pretty awesome things to certain types of plastic too. (Since polyester is basically plastic) I managed to dye a pair of glasses pink once.

TriSarahTops013 said...

Is it like a fake leather jacket? It's hard to tell from the picture what kind of material it is.

Krista said...

Great question TriSarahTops013! It's made from a poly/cotton blend. Mostly polyester.

And Lauren! Thanks for the plastic idea!!! I often dye weird things for my trashion dresses, and your tip will come in suuuuuuper handy!

Erica said...

Agreed, the retro feel is fantastic! I think the ribbons are my favorite part. Great upcycle!

North Meets South

Amm and Tam said...

I want those boots.

Pranita Kocharekar said...

How are you so adorably cute ? :)

Mrs. Dork said...

My jaw quite literally dropped when I saw the before and after pics. That does not even look like the same jacket! Your DIY is incredible!

The Jones said...

Soooooooo excited I stumbled across your blog, it's fantastic! These past couple posts especially...I want to find a sweater to cut up and make fun things out of :)

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Sherri said...

WOW! What an amazing transformation! I LOVE it! I admire your craftiness.

sherri from SHERRI AMOUR

Post a Comment