Thursday, April 5, 2012

upcycled thursdays: printed shirtdress

040512.1
This was such a fun upcycle! This purple dress has been sitting in my closet for years. Yes, years. I bought it from Target at some crazy low price thinking I would wear it all the time. Fast forward a few years and it hasn't been worn once. It was time to give it a new life.
040512.4
I started by dying the dress with Rit dye. Then I created a polka dot template and used fabric dye to carefully paint each circle. It took a lot of time and patience, but I adore this new dress!
040512.5040512.3
This was the first article of clothing that I've printed this way. I must say, I've become a fan! It was a ton of fun and now I have more projects racing thru my head. Have you ever printed anything?
040512.2

10 comments:

Lizzie said...

Awww this dress is so adorable!! yay for fun and cute diy projects!

you are lookin mighty cute with that baby bump :)

xo
Lizzie
placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

Hannah Jean said...

This is a big improvement, now it's super cute and original!

Gentri said...

WOW!! That's incredible!!! SUCH a cute dress!

Doobee said...

Wouldn't pick them as the same dress - brilliant work!!!

Ana from Sweet Serendipity said...

So adorable!! And you are by far the cutest pregnant lady :)

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

What a great DIY! I am just starting to find out about the wonders of fabric paint. The last time I used it was when it was neon and puffy and I was making camp t-shirts.

Heather Feather said...

Great refashion! The colors are fabulous.
I just started printing fabric, and absolutely LOVE it. And since there isn't a great selection for boys knits, I'm definitely going to print knits for my son.

Fictitious Fashion said...

Now how did you do it.. Aren't you just talented??? Very!! Love the dress and the transition!!! :)
N you look beautiful dear :)

New post is up- White in Night

Enter Blog Contest. The prize would be a Forever 21 necklace :) and

Facebook Contest: The prize would be a Forever 21 set of 5 rings :)

Georgie said...

I love it!! that´s a great idea! :)

annie and m said...

What an amazing dress transformation! I started a fibers degree in college (but decided to have more babies before I finished) and learned how to dye fabric and paint on it. I miss that process & seeing you in this dress totally makes me want to get back into it.
PS - Your baby bump is adorable :)

Post a Comment